1. Train. Even if you don’t follow it perfectly, I’m proof that a couch potato can complete a half marathon with 5 months of training. I have a friend who seems to be perfect at everything she attempts. She recently shared that she did not train for her first half marathon, and was disappointed with her results. I’m probably 3 dress sizes larger than her and I enjoyed my race way more than she did.
2. Have Fun. I stopped to take took tons of photos along the route and this helped the miles fly by.
4. Remember the first two miles are going to suck, so don’t start counting until mile 3.
5. Music makes the world go by. Faster. Add new songs to your play list right before your race.
6. Weird things happen to your body at mile 11. Expect it, embrace it & move on.
7. Trip Advisor is your friend. Take time to research the city you plan to visit. Life is short, plan ahead so you can eat where the locals eat. And if you’re in Cincinnati, OH or Covington, KY eat at Otto’s on Main.
8. Go Kid-Free. (if you can). I love my girls dearly, but I know they would have whined during the long walks across the city (I know because I did on the way back from the race). If you have this option, it’s a great way for you to take care of yourself for a weekend whether it’s with your hubby or a buddy, take a little time to focus on you.
10. Run For a Reason. I saw many great causes and memorials represented on numerous shirts. Every time I noticed one I said a prayer for the person they were running for. Pain leaves the body when you focus on a higher cause.
11. BONUS- if you’re looking for a fun race I highly recommend the FLYING PIG!
This post brought to you by MH, mega-momma by day and blogging mammarrazzi by night! To read Half Crazy Part I & II please visit:
Mommy Monday: Half-Crazy Part I: CLICK HERE!
Mommy Monday: Half-Crazy Part II: CLICK HERE!
Mommy Monday: Half-Crazy Part III: CLICK HERE!
Mommy Monday: Half-Crazy Part IV: CLICK HERE!